Sunday 29 December 2013

Hello and Welcome!



Opening lines are supposed to be interesting and eye-catching.

Ours wasn’t particularly impressive, but apparently you were willing to look past it, since you’re already reading the second sentence, so thanks for that.

On that note, hello there! We’re delighted to meet you!

Since you’re here, we are going to assume that you either found the link on our profiles on deviantart (here and here) or that you’ve searched ‘Eros and Psyche’ on the internet. Unless someone told you about it, which is even more amazing! The point is, anyway you’ve found us, we’re glad you did.

Now, allow us to introduce ourselves and explain what it is we are doing.

We are Myrto and Eirini, Eirini and Myrto, and we are writing/illustrating a book –a comic-ish oneboth in Greek and English. It’s going to be an adaptation of the myth of Eros and Psyche, with a bit of a twist thrown in for good measure, and in this blog we’ll be attempting to give you an insight to the whole process until we finally reach the point of calling it finished.

Good manners require that I introduce myself last, so let me introduce you to Eirini first, the girl responsible for the visual part of the entire project. She’s 26, an archaeologist and a history freak (her words, not mine). She’s an amazing artist as it is, but she’s currently taking some courses too, because she wants to take those insane skills of hers to a whole new level (and because she’s a bit shy and modest about said skills, please let me tell you that she almost threw a fit when she first read the draft –and yes, I am teasing).

As for me, I am Myrto, I am 30 years old, I am a librarian and I love researching and learning new things (call it professional perversion). I am also an amateur photographer and aspiring author, so, as you might have guessed, I am doing the writing part of the deal. I will also be doing most of the writing on this blog, unless of course we can convince Eirini to contribute too.

We've met through deviantart a little over two years ago (although it definitely feels like we’ve known each other longer than that). I loved Eirini’s stuff, so at some point I commented on one piece of hers, we started talking and, to make a long story short, we slipped into friendship and collaboration.

Our way of perceiving things is quite similar, and that’s probably what makes working with each other so easy and fun. It’s very comforting knowing you’re working with someone who knows exactly what you are talking about, gets your quirks and is excited to listen to each and every one of your crazy ideas.

So, one could say this entire project is the end result of a crazy idea taken too far. :p

Stick around, because that’s what we are talking next; how we got started.

15 comments:

  1. Finally! :)))
    K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. επιτελους επιτελους! αντε και εις ανωτερα!!!!

      Γωγω

      Delete
    2. Δεν είναι τυχαίο το ότι είστε φίλες τελικά!

      Άκου "επιτέλους"! Ντροπή κι αίσχος! (και δίγλωσσο κιόλας, μην τυχόν και μείνει κανείς που δεν θα το κατάλαβει!)

      Αν θέλετε να ξέρετε, το καλό πράγμα αργεί να γίνει!

      Παρ'ολα αυτά, ευχαριστούμε!!! :-)))))

      Delete
  2. Τελειο!!!!!!!
    Να γλυκαινεται το κοινο σας για ολα τα πανεμορφα που επονται!!!!!!!!!
    :-)
    Ειστε και οι δυο ευαισθητα ταλαντουχες και ταλαντουχα ευαισθητες!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστούμε πολύ!!! :-)))

      Ελπίζουμε να είμαστε συνεπείς!

      Όσο για τις ευαισθησίες, αυτές θα μας φάνε στο τέλος! :p

      Delete
  3. "How it all started..!" My very best wishes for "Eros & Psyche" blog to these gifted girls, Myrto and Eirini!

    Marl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks dear, both for taking the time to stop by and your kind words too!! :))

      Delete
  4. Wow! Eros...at first sight!!!!!!!
    Amazing design! Seems like a preview of an animated motion picture by Disney or Dreamworks! Love the colors! And the hair...fantastic!
    Judging by your introduction I can't wait to see how Myrto unplots the story! My congrats girls! I' ve loved you with all my ...psyche! Pray continue like that because I can't wait for the result!
    Cathy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "And the hair...fantastic!", I couldn't agree with you more! ;)

      Many thanks for your support (and your enthusiasm too!), hopefully we'll deliver! :-)

      Delete
  5. Excellent idea..!! ''Eros and Psyche''! That story's pushed aside a lot, even in my memory ;) Can't wait to see the storyline through my beloved firend Myrto's eyes (and her talent in writing ofcourse) :)
    and Eirini's artwork which i assume is terrific, by looking just three of her illustrated sketches!!
    Good job young ladies :P
    Can't wait for more!!!
    Kallia..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling Kallia, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!

      I can't even put into words how much we appreciate your encouraging words, so I'll just say 'thank you' instead and promise we won't disappoint you! ;)

      (and special thanks for the 'young ladies' comment; it's greatly appreciated, especially since I am turning 31 in a couple of weeks :p )

      Delete
  6. Congratulations!!! You're both doing a great job! I'm mostly amazed by the illustrations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much for both your kind words and your support!

      Delete
  7. This is what you get when talented people and beautiful stories are combined. Well done girls, wish you all the best!!!!

    Lida K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much dear!

      We're very glad you like our blog! :-))

      Delete