Monday 13 January 2014

Everyone, meet Psyche!

Although it might be a bit late for that, Happy New Year!

We hope it’s a good one so far!

Clearly, we are terrible at blogging; only two entries in, and it’s been “ages” since we updated it! (we are working on our pacing though, promise!)

Now, onto the project, shall we? I know we’ve already explained who does what in it, but the truth is a bit different than that; we are still involved in each other’s work, meaning that if we don’t like something that the other has made, we say so and see how we change it so that we are both pleased with the end result.

Actually, we are so involved in each other’s work that, after working on this project for so long, we often catch ourselves using the plural form instead of the singular, so we sound like: “We wrote the x bit the other day” or “We are drawing Psyche at the moment”. Team work in all its’ glory! :p

As you may have realised already, our way of doing things is not exactly conventional, so this walk-through to our project is probably going to seem a bit crazy from time to time, but since you are here, we are going to assume you don’t mind (much).

The very first thing we discussed and decided upon was what Eros and Psyche were going to look like and what they were going to wear; and that was long before I had even written a single word.

Despite it being slightly weird (because looking back at it, there were a few things we should/could have done before that), it was actually quite helpful, because once we knew what they were going to look like, picturing them and placing them in a certain context was a lot more easier.

So, let’s talk about Psyche first; according to the myth, people admired her beauty and even compared her to Aphrodite, so it’s obvious that she must be very beautiful. There are many kinds of beautiful though, and, in the end, we opted for not making her drop-dead-gorgeous like Aphrodite; instead Psyche is the ‘sweet, innocent girl next door’ kind of beautiful.

Physically speaking, she’s typically Mediterranean (and that’s about the only thing typical about her!); brunette with hazel eyes and a slender build. You may also notice that Psyche has a set of rather defined eyebrows; that was intentional, aiming to give her a more original look. She is beautiful and thick eyebrows don’t change that.


Psyche's evolution (along with the evolution of Eirini's maddening skills :p ) 

As for her clothes, choosing the style was easy (don’t forget we have an archaeologist on the team); at least for me it was, because Eirini did all the research and drew it and I was like: "Oh yeah, I like it, let's keep it!" :D

Picking the colours proved to be tricky though; Psyche gave us a bit of trouble. Settling on pink was a surprise, since either of us is the girly girl type, but oh well; let’s just say that was the first surprise of many.


Eirini: "So, what do you think?"
Myrto: "Love it!" (naturally!)
Eirini: "What about the colours?"
Myrto: "Well, I like the second one, but..."
Eirini: "...but pink? I know, I was just thinking the exact same thing!"


That's all for now, but we are talking about the god of love himself next, so stay tuned for that!


6 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! My first impression when I laid eyes on Psyche! B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!!! I can't imagine what you have in store for Aphrodite! I may be repeating myself but I absolutely adore the hair! As for her eyebrows I think they give her her personality (apart from the facial expression, of course!). If Myrto tells the story of Eros and Psyche the way she narrates all the above (and why wouldn't she?), I can't wait to see the end result! For the moment I really enjoy your posts girls! Keep on doing a great job! Till next time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe Truth is that a story narrated by Myrto has always an interesting twist of its own :P
      thank you soo mush for your support!
      I'm really glad you like the characters too!

      Delete
    2. Hello Eirini!
      How can I not like the characters? I have a thing for beauty, I can't help myself! You are doing a great job! Very professional and sensitive at the same time (as all professional work I think should be!)! As for Myrto's writing...well what can I say? She never ceases to amaze me! You couldn't be more accurate in saying that her writing has "an interesting twist of its own"! Till next time :D

      Delete
    3. Katerina, as you can see Eirini is just as bad as I am when it comes to teasing! And I am glad to see you're joining in as well! :p

      Sometimes I wonder how we manage to get any work done!

      Delete
  2. Psyche is beautiful! I have told you that from the beginning!!!! Any hesitation I may have had about her eyebrows, disappeared the moment I turned on the tv and I saw that girl...I do not even know her name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you think so!
      (and for the fact that Psyche's eyebrows aren't an issue anymore :P )

      Delete