Saturday 1 February 2014

Happy Birthday Myrto!!!..and a few other stuff..

Happy birthday to my amazing writter and friend Myrto!!
I'm not going to reveal how old she actually is but I wish that this year is great for her, full of surprizes-good ones- and creativity.

Well, since it is her birthday and she's preoccupied with her-not so secret-surprize party it came to me to update this post.

My first entry!Yay!
Well, I'm not so good in words or so fluent in english as Myrto is, but I'll try to do my best here, so, bear with me.


Ok, here it goes. I, as mentioned in earlier posts, am a great history and greek mythology freak. So, about four years ago, while I was working on an excavation at Dion, it hit me that I should try to draw one of my favourite myths, the one about Eros and Psyche. I didn't know Myrto yet, so it was nothing like official or had the prospect of turning anything into a book-that thought came a couple of years later, but I thought I could give it a try and draw the main heroine. It seems like she's come a long way, don't you think?

First sketch of Psyche ever!About 2009-10 (I'm not really sure)

 
Second attempt. 2010

The last time I tried to draw her,2013, I knew exactly what I wanted her to look. Thankfully Myrto liked her as well!





Until next time, thanks for watching!

9 comments:

  1. Your first entry! Yay!

    Thanks for your wishes (btw it's the fourth time you're wishing me a happy birthday today :p ), but mostly for taking the time to write an entry; I know how much you hate this stuff (well not exactly hate, but close :p ), so it's greatly appreciated, honestly!

    Hopefully, you'll write another entry sometime in the future; or am I pushing my luck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hapy Birthday Myrto! :)

      Both of you are very talented and gifted and your friendship/cooperation lead to perfect results! Also, it's very interesting, Εirini, to know how Psyche was firstly sketched and how she's finally now. Generally, I love your sketches! Keep going! (Y)

      Marl

      Delete
    2. Hello dearest!

      Thanks for both your wishes and compliments; having such an enthousiastic support team sure means a lot!

      Psyche's evolution is quite fascinating, no? I absolutely love how much she has changed over the years, especially the fact that she started off looking mature and serious, and ended up looking innocent and naive!

      And of course, the fact that we get to see the improvement in Eirini's skills, and her style becoming more and more distict is an added bonus! :-)



      Delete
  3. Well, your first entry and wow what a great start! And a very nice opportunity: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Myrto (again!!!)!
    I believe your writing is much better than a lot (truly more than I can stand sometimes) that I see online! It surely is very interesting! Beginnings and people talking about how they first thought of or started something that turned out great have always been very interesting to me. And yours is certainly a very exciting story! Archeology is by itself very exciting and to have the talent to express your feelings and all the pictures you create in your head is remarkable!
    As for your sketches, they are all great! No surprise there! I think that the difference between them is the feeling that you get about Psyche's character. And I believe your final sketch matches more the description of her charachter sheet.
    And with that I conclude my essay (:P) on your first post! Keep on the good work!
    Till next time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eirini's entry was very interesting and exciting; I couldn't agree with you more.

      Finding out when she first got the idea of drawing the myth was very exciting for me as well; it also made me appreciate the fact that she wanted to do a book with me even more. :-)

      As for Psyche's sketches, it's wonderful getting to see how much she's evolved over the years.

      Once again, thanks for taking the time to write so thorough reviews; we really appreciate the feedback! And your enthusiasm, well, that's an added bonus! :-)

      Delete
  4. I welcome Eirini's first entry!!!
    Everyone's first time has a significant motive and what more momentous motive for you Eirini than Myrto's birthday!!!
    Our Myrto's birthday!!!

    You are now literary "exposed" and surely much-much-much better than you were afraid of. :-)
    Keep writing your thoughts and the details of your project,
    but mainly keep drawing!
    And both of you -Eirini and Myrto- keep enjoying your cooperation!
    Best wishes for a marvellous future to all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having Eirini write an entry was greatly appreciated; and I loved learning more about when and how the idea of drawing this myth was planted in her head.

      Naturally, I am very very glad she decided to share her idea with me! :)

      Oh, and thanks for the support!

      Delete
  5. Finally!!! You decided to "reveal" yourself!! :))))
    Yay!!! Keep on writing!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete