Sunday 16 March 2014

Character Sheets

Greetings!

Let me start this entry by saying that Sunday evenings make me melancholic; even though I am well past that age, I still get that “I don’t want to go to school tomorrow” feeling.  :-p

Now, onto the important stuff; I have been thinking a lot about today’s entry, because I realised there are so many things we have yet to talk about.

For instance, what are you supposed to do once you have a good understanding of your characters?

Well, I have no idea about what other people do, or what you are supposed to do in general, but I can tell you how we went about things.

We rewrote parts of the story (naturally!) and then we decided it’d be a good idea to make character sheets for each and every one of the characters.

Knowing their personalities, the strengths and weaknesses, and being able to put it all down to paper is quite empowering, because it means you’ve reached a certain level of understanding and that you finally know what it is that you are trying to do.

So far we’ve finished two (back in October) and we are working on the rest; they are a bit overdue, mostly because we like jumping from one thing to another, but we haven't forgotten about them! :-p

Still, enjoy those two, and we’ll be back with the rest once they are done! 

Eros...

...and Psyche


4 comments:

  1. Amazing idea and presentation!!!
    Olia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very smart indeed!!!
    Makes the comparison among the two parts of this uncommon couple more intense! So, it has been long ago since the opposites attract! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so!
      We thought that the character sheets would be very helpful for us to know the characters best, and then we thought we should share them

      Delete