Sunday 2 March 2014

"Q&A" with Myrto

Greetings from rainy Athens!

So today we’re having a “Q&A” session of sorts; we’ve been meaning to do one for quite sometime now, since it’s quite common for collaborators to ask each other questions and answer them in public.

The trouble was that, because we know each other quite well, we couldn’t think of any questions to ask each other (and if I wanted to know some of Eirini’s secrets, or vise versa, we wouldn’t be asking each other over the internet :-p ), so we decided on a different approach.

There’s this book called: “The Complete Book of Questions: 1001 Conversation Starters for Any Occasion”; we picked a few questions from there and we’re both answering them.

So here are my answers; Eirini, I hope you’ve learned something new about me and I am looking forward to reading yours! ;-)


  
What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “fun”?

Being with good friends, having a long conversation about all topics imaginable.


What’s something about yourself that you hope will change, but that probably never will?

My stubbornness; I don’t think any further explanation is needed. :-p


What big challenge have you taken on recently?

The projects we are working on at the moment; all ambitious and challenging, each in its’ own way.


If you could make one character from any work of fiction come to life, what character would you select?

Charlotte, the main heroine from our victorian project; I’d sit her down and talk to her for days, until she was tired of me. :-p

Of course I am already talking to her in my head 24/7, but wouldn’t it be cool talking to her in person?


If you were able to retrieve only one item on the way out of your burning home, what would that be? Explain.

Since it’s a given that my family (our dog included) would all be able to walk out safe and sound, I would probably grab my external hard drive; all my artistic work is stored in there and I wouldn’t want to lose that. Everything else, I could buy anew.


If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?

“Am I happy?”

Or, on a more superficial level, “How did the whole artistic/book writing thing turn out after all?”


How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you?

Let me start by saying I love my sister to bits; I don’t think I would enjoy being an only child. Sure, growing up, we had to share our parents’ attention and all that, but then again, I got to have someone to tease and annoy for forever :-p, so I think I got the best part of the deal.  

Now personality wise, as you may have guessed already, I hold many of the traits psychology suggests that older siblings possess; at least I think so.

I am independent, overprotective, bossy, ambitious, I am very serious about everything I do, I have high expectations both from myself and others, I have a  perfectionist streak that I am constantly trying to tame, and lastly I am loyal -even to a fault.


4 comments:

  1. Very funny, beautiful and interesting article!
    I read the questions and by hiding your answer I was trying to assume it! ;-) I found them all!!! Hi, hi, hi! Even the one about the conversation you would like to have with Charlotte!
    Only a question aroused....what would be the main theme of your conversation????
    Lots of kisses to my Myrto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you!

      I am not surprised at all you've guessed my answers, but I have to admit I am impressed you've guessed the one about the fictional character.

      See, when I first read the question, the first character that came to mind, was someone else; someone not mine. But when I started writing down the entry though, Charlotte popped into my head and I was like "But of course; how could I choose anyone but her?"

      As for our conversation, I would want to know even the tinniest detail about Charlotte, so I don't think there wouldn't be a main theme. Of course, there's a possibility we would be focusing on some parts of her life more than others, but that would be totally up to her! :-p

      Delete
    2. You sound so excited when you talk about your first (can I number it?) project, and mainly about Charlotte that my only and first answer to this question was "Charlotte"! I assume that the dreamy sketch of Eirini picturing Charlotte is the a big cause! ;-) In addition, the character of Charlotte that you two have "built"....makes Charlotte extremely interesting and so lovable! Thus by reading that Charlotte was your "second" choice, I feel surprised! Charlotte is YOUR Charlotte!!!!!!! And as you repeatedly say....all your characters are inside your head! Start your conversation! ;-)

      Delete
    3. The problem with our characters is that they won't stop talking!And in Myrto's case they do it 24/7!That's why our Charlotte is adorable! :P

      Delete